For the Terms of Service of the ChaChing Platform, and for any defined terms herein, see: Terms & Conditions.
ChaChing respects the privacy rights of our users and is strongly committed to protecting your privacy. ChaChing’s mission is motivated as much by a desire to give you the best deals possible when shopping as it has been driven by a desire to let you separate your social activity from your shopping and put you back in control of managing your online privacy. In summary, we will use your data to provide you with the best possible opportunities to save when shopping but we will not sell or profit from the transfer of your data to any third party outside the operation of the Platform in accordance with the Terms.
Collection And Use Of Personal Information and Transaction Data
ChaChing and its Third Party Providers (as defined below under Disclosure Of Your Personal Information) carefully differentiate between the collection and management of personal or company information and transaction data.
ChaChing and where relevant service providers designated by ChaChing collect personal information that you choose to provide or we receive from other sources. This may include personal information you provide upon participating in activities on the Site, contacting us, expressing an interest in obtaining information, registering, linking a Payment Card, or otherwise through the Site, on third-party websites and applications when subscribing digitally to ChaChing, otherwise through requesting certain ChaChing services or products, by submitting the information to enter a contest, or other promotion or otherwise offline.
We and service providers designated by ChaChing may obtain the following types of personal information in connection with the Site:
• Name, email address, postal address, account names and passwords, or other contact information
• Signature, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, or other similar identifiers
• Professional, industry, employment-related, or education information, including, inter alia, job titles and job applications, background or credit checks, purchase history and financial information, past and present associates
• Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, inter alia, URLs, browsing history, app usage, search history, preferences, and information regarding a user’s interaction (including reading habits) with an internet website, application, advertisement• Demographic information
• Social media login data where you elect to register using social media account details
• Payment Card Networks data, payment data and billing information, payment instrument details (including, inter alia, credit card number), and security information associated therewith or other financial information, and transaction data
• Device data such as, inter alia, device ID and hardware specification, operating system, system configuration, application and browser type and identification numbers, internet or mobile service provider, internet protocol (IP) address and proxy servers
If you choose to link your social media or other third-party accounts to our services, to the extent supported by the Platform, we may obtain your personal information from these sources. You may restrict or disconnect this link at any time by visiting your account page on these third-party platforms or the settings page of your mobile device.
We use this information for carefully considered purposes which benefit our users and which include some or all of the following:
• to provide and facilitate our services and products
• to operate our services, products, and systems properly and diligently including, inter alia, the management of user accounts, verification of transactions, execution of transactions by third party Sellers and Advertisers, and administration and execution of payment, cash back and credit processes and other Rewards
• to communicate with you and enable and support user-to-user communication
• to post testimonials
• to help ChaChing improve, upgrade, or enhance our Platform, services and products and develop and communicate new services and products
• to provide support for our services and products,
• to maintain the security, quality and safety of services and products, and for internal quality control purpose including debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality or security• to provide you with, and administer, offers, promotions and marketing communication about services and products of ChaChing or of other parties that may be of interest to you, coupons, Rewards, prize draws or competitions, and personalized content
• to enhance your experience with the Site, including to save your preferences and login information, providing customized content or contextual advertisements, and providing tailored advertisements
• to analyze website usage, analyze use of the Site, analyze and measure ad impressions, and to protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of ChaChing, users or others, analyze and verify third party transactions by yourself in connection with the Site, to monitor compliance with and enforce the terms of any agreement with ChaChing and keep ChaChing and the users free from harm
• to monitor to detect security incidents and protect against unethical, malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and hold those responsible for that activity to account
• to investigate and respond to legal requests, prevent harm, enforce our terms and conditions and policies and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
ChaChing or a designated service provider may also take photographs and video at ChaChing offices and premises for security and other internal or business purposes.
Collection of Personal Data for Buyers
Collection of Personal or Company Data for Vendors and Advertisers
Transaction Data And Usage
- Use transaction data such as transaction amount, transaction time and merchant location to confirm a qualifying purchase or return to match transactions to confirm whether you qualify for rewards;
- Share transaction data with the participating merchant where a transaction occurred as needed for the merchant to confirm a specific transaction occurred. For example, the date and amount of your purchase and the last 4 digits of your card number so the merchant can verify your purchase with its records if there is a missing, incomplete or disputed transaction;
- Provide participating merchants aggregated and anonymized information relating specifically to registered card activity solely to allow participating merchants and Third Party Service Providers to assess the results of their campaign;
- Create a record of the transaction data and thereafter maintain and use data in connection with operating the ChaChing platform; and
- Provide information in order to respond to a request from a government authority or a payment organization involved in a transaction with you or a merchant.
You authorize the sharing, exchange and use of transaction data described above and herein by and among ChaChing, Third Party Service Providers and applicable Payment Card Networks and applicable merchants.
By registering a payment card in connection with transaction monitoring, you authorize ChaChing and Third Party Service Providers to share your payment card information with Payment Networks so it knows you enrolled. You authorize Payment Networks to monitor transactions on your registered card(s) to identify qualifying purchases in order to determine whether you have qualified for or earned an offer linked to your payment card, and for Payment Networks to share such transaction details with ChaChing and Third Party Service providers to enable your card-linked offer(s) and target offers that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of transaction monitoring on the payment card(s) you have registered by navigating to your settings menu to remove your registered card(s) in which case features or functionalities of the Site or Services may be impaired or no longer available to you.
ChaChing and the parties with whom we work (e.g., service providers, Sellers, Advertisers, ad technology providers and advertising servers) may place, view, and/or use “cookies”, web server logs, web beacons, pixels or other electronic technologies to collect statistical and other information about you and your use of the Site. This information may include, inter alia, information about the IP address of your computer, browser type, language, operating system, your mobile device, device ID, geolocation data, the state or country from which you accessed the Site services, the webpages visited, the date and the time of a visit, the websites you visited immediately before and after visiting the Site, the number of links you click within the Site, the functions you use on the Site, the databases you view and the searches you request on the Site, the data you save on or download from the Site and the number of times you view an advertisement.
ChaChing and the parties with whom we work may use the information collected for various purposes, either on behalf of ChaChing or for the other parties’ own purposes, including research, analysis, to better serve visitors to the Site (such as, inter alia, by enabling log-in, providing access to certain sections of the Site, providing customized content or customized contextual advertisements, or presenting online advertising on the Site or other websites or apps tailored to your interests as described further below), to compile aggregate and anonymous information about usage of the Site and Seller or Advertiser websites or apps, and other statistics, etc. However, if you have deleted and disabled cookies, these uses will not be possible to the extent they are based on the cookie information disabled.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to disable cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. Likewise, most mobile devices also allow you to disable the ability for geo-location information to be collected from your mobile device. The help function on most browsers and devices contains instructions on how to set your browser to notify you before accepting cookies, disable cookies entirely, or disable the collection of geo-location data. You need to set each browser, on each device you use to surf the web or access the Sites, Services or applications. Thus, if you use multiple browsers (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.), you should repeat this procedure with each one. Similarly, if you connect to the web from multiple devices (e.g., work and home), you need to set each browser on each device. Depending on your jurisdiction, you may be able to utilize additional cookie management tools. However, if you disable certain cookies or refuse to accept a request to place a cookie, it is possible that some parts of the Site, Services or applications, such as, inter alia, the polls, surveys, promotions, contests, and sales, and certain areas of the Site or Services for which you need to log in, will not function properly, and specific promotions and advertising you receive when you visit the Site may not be advertisements tailored to your interests.
To opt out of advertising cookies for your online choices if you are based in the EU, please go here [https://youronlinechoices.eu/].
Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
ChaChing may also disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to: (a) comply with any applicable law, rule, or regulation, or in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process, subject to ChaChing’s Law Enforcement Data Request Statement; (b) protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of ChaChing, users or others; (c) monitor compliance with and enforce any terms of service on the Site; (d) provide our Services and products as may be operated from time to time (including allowing a purchaser of ChaChing or a ChaChing division to continue to serve you); (e) perform other activities related to the Site, Services and products, including, inter alia, billing and collection; (f) provide you with offers, promotions or advertisements from ChaChing; or (g) operate the systems that provide the Site, our Services and products properly.
The collection, further use, and/or disclosure of your information by Third-Party Providers or by other third parties is not the responsibility of ChaChing. Rather, such collection, use, and/or disclosure is governed by the third parties’ privacy policies.
Accuracy, Security, And Retention Of Your Information
Any personal information you provide to ChaChing is kept on secure servers. ChaChing uses security measures appropriate to the provision of the relevant product or service, such as reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures (a) to safeguard personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification; and (b) to ensure the integrity of the personal information. To help us protect your privacy, you should maintain the secrecy of the logon ID and password you may have set up in connection with your participation in the Site’s services. Personal information is retained for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is collected, including legitimate business reasons, and/or as permitted or required by applicable laws and regulations. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to keep information secure, no electronic transmission, storage technology or devices connected to the internet can be considered fully secure from the continually evolving threat and effort of hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties to defeat such security measures and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify such information.
Transaction data is retained for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is collected, including legitimate business reasons, and/or as permitted or required by applicable laws and regulations.
When we will not continue to process your relevant information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, where this is not possible (e.g., because such information has been stored on backup servers), we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from further processing until deletion is possible.
Rights With Respect To Your Personal Information
For inquiries about your personal information, please contact us by clicking here. While ChaChing will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we also reserve the right to impose certain restrictions and requirements on such requests, if allowed or required by applicable laws. Please note that it may take some time to process your request, consistent with applicable law.
Your European Economic Area (“EEA”), Switzerland, and United Kingdom (“UK”) Privacy Rights
In addition, if you are a resident in the EEA or in the UK accessing the Site and Services lawfully and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here:
UK: Data protection - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk).
In addition, if you are a resident in Switzerland accessing the Site and Services lawfully the contact details for your data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
Your California Privacy Rights
• certain information about our collection, use, sale, or disclosure of your personal information
• deletion of your personal information collected or maintained by us
• to opt-out of the sale of your personal information
You also have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising these rights.
If you choose to exercise these rights, we ask you to provide sufficient information, including the products and services you have used in the past, your state and country of residence, and contact information, in order for us to verify your identity and process your request. Depending on the types of requests, additional information may be requested.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf related to your personal information. If you choose to use an authorized agent, you should supply your agent with written permission to act on your behalf in relation to your request, and your agent must provide us with proof of such authorization before we process your request.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure, if any, of your personal information by ChaChing to its affiliates and/or third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
To make such a request, please send an email with your first name, last name, mailing address, email address and telephone number to email@example.com. Please include “California Privacy Rights” in the Subject line of your email.
You may also make such a request by writing to us at:
Chaching Me, Inc.
1165 N Clark St #700
Chicago, IL 60610 USA
Transfer Of Your Personal Information To Other Countries
We implement appropriate safeguards, which may include, inter alia, European Commission standard data protection measures, to protect your personal information that is transferred between our group companies and between us and our third party service providers. ChaChing’s Intra-Group Personal Data Protection Statement provides additional information about the transfer (if any) of personal information from the EU, EEA and Switzerland (collectively, “EU”), or the United Kingdom, in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK GDPR, to the United States.
Links To Third-Party Sites And Services
ChaChing may provide links or access to third-party websites or other digital properties, including social networking websites. Since we do not control third-party digital properties and are not responsible for any information you may provide while on such digital properties, we encourage you to read the privacy policies on those websites before providing any of your information on such digital properties.
You can also contact us by post to:
Chaching Me, Inc.
1165 N Clark St #700
Chicago, IL 60610 USA